Posted on April 4th, 2014
5 key tactics for surviving your trip to our stellar local italian eatery, Viga.
1. Know your order before you go in: You won’t have time for guesswork. It’s a high stress environment and you can’t be caught with your pants down. If you are a first-timer, check out the online menu before you go. Otherwise, order the first thing you see. It’s likely to be good, and you will cause chaos with any delay.
2. Stay right: The hot food line forms to the left as you walk in the door. This means pizza and pasta. If you are having a sandwich, you need to stay right as you enter. Once you make that first move, you either stay right for cold sandwiches, cutting through the checkout line to get to the counter, or split the middle for hot sandwiches.
3. Act like you are from New York: This is no place to air-out your sensitivities. You may need to throw some elbows. Above all, keep your head on a swivel, and attack the line like Bo Jackson.
4. No banter: Keep conversation to a minimum. It’s crowded, and the people behind the counter are moving fast, so there is no time for excessive questions. Make your order quickly, don’t talk to anyone else, and proceed to step 5.
5. Quick exit, meet outside: Once you have been handed your food, you make a bee-line to checkout, which looks a lot like the cold sandwich line. The line does not move in a linear fashion, so be prepared to jump ahead if beckoned by the cashier. Never try and wait for your friends inside. Pay for your food and then exit the building immediately. Your friends will be waiting for you outside.
6. Bonus: Take Xanax.